Tuesday 14 April 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #27 Favourite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from The Broke and The Bookish that allows users to share their top choices of the topic of the week!


This is such a good  topic because there are so many good quotes in literature. Here are my favourites:

*Some quotes may be highlighted due to spoilers*

1. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light"- Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter) 


2. "And in that moment, I swear, we are infinite"- Charlie (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) 

3. "Gatsby looked at Daisy the way that every young girl wanted to be looked at"- F.Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby) 

4. "Stay Gold, Ponyboy"- Johnny (The Outsiders)


5. "Maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one"-Q (Paper Towns) 

6. "I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you" -Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars) 


7. "After all this time? Always". - Severus Snape (Harry Potter) 

8. “It's okay,” he said. “We're together.” He didn't say you're okay, or we're alive. After all they'd been through over the last year, he knew that the most important thing was that they were together. She loved him for saying that.” -Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson) 

9. "Since I was young, I have always known this: Life damages us, every one. We can't escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other". - Tobias Eaton (Allegiant)


10. "I love you, remember, they cannot take it." - Alex Seathes (Delirium) 

Excuse me while I melt in a puddle of tears.


What are your favourite quotes? 

Emily @ Paperback Princess

6 comments:

  1. John Green has some of the best lines in his books. I haven't read the Harry Potter books, except for the first one, but I love that Dumbledore quote. I see it everywhere and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list of quotes! Especially the Harry Potter ones. I was so shocked when #7 happened.
    Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete